It provides an insight into the past, but also helps develop an understanding of the present. Moreover, the study of history equips students with a broad general knowledge background that stands them in good stead for the future.
You will enjoy History if you:
- have an interest in the world around you and how society has developed over time
- like learning about people and different countries, societies and cultures
- enjoy discussion, debate and argument
- like to think for yourself and enjoy developing your own opinions
- enjoy reading and writing
Entry requirements: At least a Grade 6 in History and Grade 5 in English Language.
Qualities and skills required: The ability to seek out information, combine different viewpoints, analyse your findings and present it all in a cogent written argument is the mark of good historian. You will need to have these skills, or have the enthusiasm and capability of acquiring them.