Students are involved in careers education from Year 7 to Year 13:
- Key Stage 3 students study careers and money in Life Skills lessons.
- Careers advice is available to students in Years 8 -13 during Parents Evening.
- Year 9s are given advice and guidance of the option process when choosing their GCSE\Key Stage 4 subjects.
- Work experience is given to Year 11 and 12 students.
Useful Contacts and Documents
- Careers Co-ordinator: Dave Grimmett
- Careers Advisor: Chris Kennington
- Want to write your own CV? Download Exemplar CV
- Careers Policy 2020
Mr Kennington, the school’s careers advisor, is in every Wednesday to discuss future career ideas and options after Year 11. Everyone in Year 11 will have a careers appointment with him at some point during the year.
If you’d like to see him urgently, let your tutor know.
How will I know if I’ve got an appointment?
You’ll get an appointment slip from the student helpers on the day or your Form Tutor or Mr Kennington will inform you of the interview.
Show your class teacher the slip and please turn up to your appointment on time.
How can I prepare for it?
It’s a good idea to start thinking about questions you might want to ask him.
Mr Kennington will also run group workshops throughout the year which you will be selected for by your tutors.