Head of Geography
Required for September 2024
Salary Range: TLR 1A, Inner London, £9,272. MPS/UPS
Contract: Permanent/Full time
We are looking for an outstanding Geography teacher who possesses the right qualities and skills to lead our talented and successful team for a September start.
‘Pupils enjoy school and behave well in lessons. They are committed learners who want to achieve.’ – OFSTED (November 2021)
The successful candidate will have:
• A proven track record of success in the classroom where you have made a positive difference to all students through high quality teaching
• Experience in Geography teaching at Key Stage 3, 4 and 5
• A commitment to inclusion, underpinned by the belief that every child matters and can achieve
• An unwavering commitment to maintain the highest of expectations for yourself and others
• Experience of leading and developing staff to support them to be their best
We will offer:
• Excellent students who are keen to learn and achieve, and operate in an ethos underpinned by the principles of courtesy, consideration, cooperation and contribution
• A commitment to providing high quality CPD that supports all staff to be their very best
• The chance to join a friendly, talented and highly committed staff team
• A supportive Governing Body and Leadership team, who prioritise staff well-being and work within a coaching culture
Candidates are welcome to visit the school by prior arrangement before applying. Please contact Jennie Kingston, email@example.com for further information or a visit.
Closing date for applications: Monday 11th March 9am
Interview date: Thursday 14th March
How to apply:
To apply for this post, please download the application pack.
Please note that CVs are not accepted in line with Safer Recruitment practices.
Highgate Wood School is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. Also, this post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
In line with KCSIE 2022 and safer recruitment practices, the school will conduct an online search for all shortlisted candidates. The online search is part of our safeguarding checks and will seek publicly available information on candidates’ suitability to work with children. Shortlisted candidates will be provided with further guidance and will be asked to clarify their online presence
Please note the advertised actual salary is a range based on continuous service, with the maximum range indicating up to 4 continuous years with local government/schools. The starting salary will be calculated based on the individual circumstances of the successful candidate.